What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is a gel that is injected into the skin using a very fine needle. It is like the body’s own natural substances and is therefore totally safe. It is comparable with hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the body. This hyaluronic acid is used to plump up the lips or to raise the skin. It can also be used to fill in areas that are wrinkly.
For what purposes it should be taken?
It can be taken to enhance lips, deep folds on face, lines on face, correction of wrinkles, volume augmentation of your lips, fixing your smile lines – correcting thin superficial lines near your eyes, forehead, and mouth, filling of your nasal furrows and oral commissures. It also irons out superficial wrinkles, creates volume on cheeks, and brings back youthful looks.
What are the benefits?
Following are three major benefits for this treatment:
- It is taken through biosynthesis.
- It does not come from animals, so there are no animal allergies to worry about. Also, the molecule is very biocompatible.
- No prior testing is required.
What it will do?
The youthful appearance of your lips and the curves of your face will be restored in a completely natural way. Through simple injections, the slight imperfections on your face will be evened out.
Are there any variations of Juvederm for different purposes?
There are three different formulas used for Juvederm.
- There is the Juvederm 18 which is used for filling the fine lines and the wrinkles on your face. When it is injected on your superficial dermis, your fine wrinkles, crow’s feet or peri-oral wrinkles will be filled in.
- Second, is the Juvederm 24.The Juvederm 24 is used for filling in the wrinkles on your forehead. It can also be used to fill in moderate furrows. When this is injected into the middle dermis layer, it will fill in forehead wrinkles, glabellar lines, cheek wrinkles and nasal furrows.
- Third, is the Juvederm 30. This is used to shape the lips and the deep folds on your face and on your cheeks. When this is injected into the deep dermis, it will fill in the deep naso-genian folds, return the volume of your lips, sculpt your cheeks, and give your face a natural oval shape once again.
How long will it last?
It purely depends upon your skin type. However, the effects of Juvederm will last for around six to nine months. Also, the area of surgery affects the results.
- « Back to Face & Beauty
Important Practice Update – Covid 19
To our Patients and Friends of Dental Concepts,
Our team has been working tirelessly to keep Dental Concepts a clean and safe environment for you.
As a Dental Practice, we work in an environment where the prevention of the spread of a whole range of infections is woven into everything we do. In addition to our usual scrupulous cross infection control measures, we have been paying close attention to all government guidance and updates related more specifically to Coronavirus.
Given the unprecedented situation in the UK regarding the rapidly spreading COVID-19 virus, we feel we must use our own clinical judgement along with guidance by the Department of Health and NHS and act in the best interests of our patients and staff.
We feel it is essential that we do our part to reduce the spread of this virus, and so, it is with very heavy hearts, that we have taken the decision to Temporarily Close the practice till further notice beginning 23rd March 2020.
The practice is now limited to severe Dental Emergency treatment only. All appointments scheduled from 23rd March 2020 are cancelled until further notice. We will of course keep you updated with the latest information on our website www.dental-concepts.com
Looking after the health of our patients is our absolute priority and so we will be operating an Emergency Telephone Consultation service for our patients who have urgent pain or swelling during this period of closure. If you urgently need assistance or are in severe pain, please contact / message us on 07885 428887.
As a team, we are doing everything we possibly can to remain fit, well and able to work so that we can continue our usual high standard of dental care for you when we return.
Thank you for your support, and stay safe.
The Team at Dental Concepts