Our team has been working tirelessly to keep Dental Concepts a clean and safe environment for you. As a Dental Practice, we work in an environment where the prevention of the spread of a whole range of infections is woven into everything we do. In addition to our usual scrupulous cross infection control measures, we have been paying close attention to all government guidance and updates related more specifically to Coronavirus.
We hope you are well and have been safe/healthy over the last few months of the Lockdown period.
As per the Government instructions and guidelines by Public health England, Royal College of Surgeons and the Chief Dental Officer, We are happy to announce that we are opening the dental practices in Whitchurch and Andover on Monday, 8th June 2020!
Please look at the FAQ scenario below to get all your answers about the return to work from 8th June 2020.
A: Yes we are with restricted availability of appointments. 🙂
A: Please email us on email@example.com or Text/WhatsApp on +44 7885428887
A: We aim to provide maximum safety to our patients and have made some changes in the patient journey at Dental Concepts:
– RISK ASSESSMENT – Temperature check and a COVID risk assessment form
– PROTECTION – Personal protective gear like a head cap, mask, shoe cover.
– SOCIAL DISTANCING – Limited people in our reception area and appointment only basis with no waiting times.
– INFECTION CONTROL – Hand Sanitisation, Room deep cleaning after every patient, Universal sterilization protocols.
– VIRTUAL CONSULTS – Audio and Video consultations to give a speedy response to patient enquiries and consultations.
– ONLINE MANAGEMENT – New online patient portal for our patients to help with forms, consents, and information broadcasting.
A: Yes we will talk to you and give specific guidance about your dental appointment based on national guidelines when we connect with you on the phone.
A: We are working on a priority need basis and we will confirm with you on your urgency and priority when we speak with you on the phone before booking your appointment.
A: We have national guidance to follow for health and safety post-Covid 19 Pandemic and have very restricted availability of PPE to support our team members during dental procedures. This makes it very restricted for us to operate over the next few weeks until we await more information.
A: We will be communicating with you regarding your routine appointments on a weekly basis and may need to reschedule them based on the various controlling factors in the current challenging times.
A: Yes our priority will be patients who are in mid-treatment and patients who have a dental emergency since the last few weeks plus any new dental emergency as of now.
A: Please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly answer the questions for you.
We look forward to helping most of you who need urgent dental care in the next few weeks.
Stay Safe – Stay Connected.
Manish, Shilpa, and Team DC